Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 October 2009

Home sweet home

A busy couple of days !

Yesterday I had a visit from some delightful American alpaca owners who were in this part of the world visiting relatives and came to visit the alpacas and me . We had a jolly nice couple of hours exchanging alpaca'stuff' over a cuppa , so nice to meet nice people who have the same interests as oneself!

Today I went to collect West , Riva and little Berlioz from Sue .It's always great to visit , we have such a laugh , but always I learn something useful , another great person to sit and talk' alpaca' with. And , for those of you of a weak disposition this might be a good time to sit down , I have shifted a fleece !!!! I met a fab spinner ( in all senses) who thought West was fantastic and wanted his fleece - don't say I'm not a dedicated business woman in the alpaca world now - stud fees and a fleece in the same month! Anyway , I took Mischief and DC back and collected my 3 . They are all looking great , and Riva is pregnant ( fingers crossed) , Berlioz is doing fine , he is a little on the small side at the moment , but he has taken a couple of bottles totalling 1200 ml since we got home, so hopefully he will start to catch up with his peers soon - honestly Riva , can't you try harder ?!

But great to have them home, even if it does mean the return of soggy jeans at 7pm every night !

No comments: