Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 July 2009

Alpaca Creche


Bourbon and Bilbo

Cerys sniffing Boubon , while Bilbo stands by.


They never cease to amaze me . I have spent hours ( literally ) watching the alpacas in the fields , and as all alpaca owners know it is a very easy way to loose lots of time , but they can be so charming . Since the day that they were born the 2 brown boys have hung out together - they are uncle and nephew - and their mums - mother and daughter- have been very relaxed about them , unlike Kirsty who is still very cautious about letting Brizo out of her sight , initially I thought that Bijou as mother and grandmother to Bourbon and Bilbo respectively , had taken control ,since I always saw her with 2 cria in tow , and you may remember that Cerys took some time to bond with Bilbo so I assumed that her mum had come to his rescue . Cerys has always fed him , but not really shown much interest , until I noticed the other day that she had 2 cria in tow , and now I realise that they run a creche system between them so that each mum gets time out - how very clever they are !

Bijou and her daughters Cerys and Athena , followed by Bourbon and Bilbo


I am still awaiting 2 more cria - due any day - I wonder if their mums will join in the creche ?

2 comments:

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I love that photo of the family unit.

Suzanne@ Panteg Alpacas said...

thanks debbie